- Two-wheeled motorbikes (and sidecars), and mopeds
- Emergency service vehicles, such as ambulances and fire engines, which have a taxation class of 'Ambulance' or 'Fire engine'
- NHS vehicles that are exempt from road tax
- Vehicles used by disabled people that are exempt from road tax and have a 'disabled' taxation class
- Vehicles for more than one disabled person (for example Dial-A-Ride) exempt from road tax and have a 'disabled' taxation class
This information will be on your vehicle's V5C (logbook), or if you are unsure, then please contact us.
You are also exempt if your vehicle is a London licensed minicab or taxi (licensed with TfL Taxi and Private Hire).
Certain vehicles, including buses, registered in European Economic Area member states, must be registered with us to qualify for an exemption.
Other categories of exemption include:
- HM Coastguard and Port Authorities
- Certain operational vehicles used by the London boroughs
- The armed forces
- Royal Parks Agency
- Breakdown organisations
If you think your vehicle falls into this category please contact us.