Johnston Delf Smith typeface licence
Transport for London ("the Corporation") is the owner of all rights of copyright and otherwise now existing in the Johnston Delf Smith typeface ("the Typeface"). A non-exclusive licence to download and use the Typeface ("the Licence") is only available to a company ("the Company") associated with the Corporation as licensees or contractors, whether in a public or private partnership otherwise and upon the terms set out below. The Licence is granted by Transport for London ("the Corporation").
- The Corporation will grant this non-exclusive licence to permit the Company to use the Typeface in the United Kingdom only in connection with any part of the Company's business carried on in partnership with or under licence for or contract with the corporation but not for any other purpose whatsoever.
- The duration of the Licence shall be from today's date until the date of termination of the Company's licence or contract with the Corporation for any cause whatsoever or the termination of this Licence by the Corporation whichever shall be the earlier.
- Each proposed use of the Typeface by the Company shall be submitted to the Corporation in draft indicating the purpose and the text of the use, the extent and market for the use and any proposed release to the public whether in the United Kingdom or elsewhere.
- The Licence is personal to the Company which shall not assign, sub-license, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Licence or any rights granted to the Company hereunder.
- The Company shall not alter, add to, detract from or modify the Typeface in any way whatsoever without the specific written consent of the Corporation and the entire copyright and all other rights in any such alteration shall belong to and are hereby assigned to the Corporation.
- The Corporation may forthwith terminate the Licence if the Company
a. be in breach of any of these terms;
b. be unable to pay its debts or enter into liquidation or compounds with or convenes a meeting of its creditors or has a receiver or manager or administrator over any of all of its assets.
Such termination shall not affect the accrued rights of the Corporation and the Company arising any way out of this Licence.
- Any communication between the Corporation and the Company shall be addressed in the case of the Corporation to the Head of Corporate Design, Transport for London, Windsor House, 50 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0TL and in the case of the Company to its address below for the attention of its authorised representative.
- If any provision of the Licence is held by any court or competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the other provisions and the remainder of the offered provisions shall continue to be valid.
- Any waiver by the Corporation of any breach or default by the Company in fully complying with any of the terms of the Licence shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other term.
- The Licence and the terms shall be subject to and construed
in accordance with the law of England and Wales and any dispute
arising shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
English courts. If the Company wishes to obtain a Licence to use
the Typeface on the above terms, please enter the name and email
address of the Company and its authorised representative and password
and tick the "yes" button.