60+ London Oyster photocard
- Live in London
- Are aged 60 or over
You can apply for a 60+ London Oyster photocard to:
- Travel free on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London
Do you have a Freedom Pass?
- You can't get a 60+ London Oyster photocard if you have, or are eligible to apply for a Freedom Pass. Find out if you are eligible for a Freedom Pass.
Can I get one?
You can get a 60+ London Oyster photocard if:
- You are aged 60 or over
- You live in a London borough
You're not eligible if you:
- Have, or are eligible for, an older or disabled persons Freedom Pass
- Have a Veterans Oyster photocard
- Are aged under 60
- Don't live in a London borough
How much do I save?
You can travel free using your 60+ London Oyster photocard on:
Travel free at any time on buses in London showing this symbol
Tube, tram, DLR and London OvergroundTravel free at any time
National Rail services in LondonTravel free from 09.30 weekdays, any time on weekends and public holidays on most National Rail services in London, including services to Dartford and Swanley.
You can travel free at any time on:
Chiltern Railway services between:
- Amersham - Marylebone
- West Ruislip - South Ruislip
First Capital Connect services between:
- Finsbury Park - King's Cross or Moorgate
- West Hampstead - Moorgate, Elephant & Castle and London Bridge
London Midland services between:- Harrow & Wealdstone - Euston
Greater Anglia services between:- Stratford - Liverpool Street
c2c services between:- Upminster - Fenchurch Street
View the 60+ London Oyster photocard map to see where and when you can travel free on National Rail services.
You'll need to pay full fare on National Rail services not shown and if you travel before 09.30 on weekdays (except where it states free travel is allowed at any time). You can't add pay as you go credit to your 60+ London Oyster photocard to pay full fare.
You can show your 60+ London Oyster to pay discounted fares on:
- City Cruises: Westminster - Greenwich
- Crown River Cruises: Westminster - St Katherine's
- Thames Clippers: Bankside - Millbank
- Thames Clippers: Embankment and the London Eye - The O2 and Woolwich Arsenal
- Thames River Services: Westminster - Greenwich - Thames Barrier
- WPSA: Westminster - Hampton Court
Emirates Air Line
Show your 60+ London Oyster photocard to pay the discounted adult Boarding Pass fare.
How do I apply?
You can apply online for a 60+ London Oyster photocard up to two weeks before you become eligible.
To apply online you'll need:
- A colour, digital photograph
- An active email address
- A machine-readable passport (most valid travel passports are machine-readable) or a UK driving licence (full or provisional)
- A valid debit or credit card (registered at your current address), to pay the £10 admin fee and verify your address
If you don't have all this information you can still apply online but may be asked to:
- Download and print off a verification letter and take it to a Post Office in London with proof of your age and address
- Pay the £10 application fee at a Post Office
- Send us a passport size photograph of yourself in the post
Need help applying?
If you need help applying, you can call us. Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Details from your machine-readable passport or UK driving licence
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- A valid debit or credit card (registered at your current address) to pay the £10 admin fee and verify your address
If you don't have all this information and are eligible to apply, call us.
You can call us on 0343 222 1234.
When you apply for a 60+ London Oyster photocard, a web account will be created for you. After you have submitted an application, you'll be able to use your web account to check the status of your application.
You can also check the status of your application by:
- Texting your application reference number to 07624 809 356 (standard network charges apply and can vary considerably. Please check with your mobile phone provider)
- Calling 0343 222 1234
If your application is successful, we'll post your 60+ London Oyster photocard to you. If you haven't received your card within two weeks of applying, please check your application status.
How do I use it?
Once you've got your 60+ London Oyster photocard you can start using it.
Touching in and out
Make sure you touch your card on the yellow card readers. It's a bit different for each type of transport, so find out more about touching in and out.
Lost, stolen or damaged cards
You can use your 60+ London web account to report your card as lost, stolen or damaged and get a replacement. Find out more about replacing a lost, stolen or damaged card.