CabwiseSkip to navigation On this page:
Terms and conditions
Cabwise minicab request service: mobile phone privacy statement for Transport for London and the Greater London Authority
1. In order to enable Transport for London (TfL) and the Greater London Authority (GLA) to provide you with this service which requires us to locate you and provide relevant information or a service (phone numbers and names of licensed minicab and taxi firms) based upon that location, we will contact your mobile phone network operator who will provide us with your approximate location based on the grid reference of the cell antenna which is or was last used in connecting your phone to your network.
3. By sending a short message service (SMS) to TfL or the GLA, you give your consent to the use of your information as described above.
5. Personal information you supply will not be made available for external distribution outside TfL or the GLA except that which is essential in the provision of the offered service. TfL and the GLA may disclose personal data to the DVLA, police and other law enforcement agencies at their request, for the purposes of crime prevention and detection and where otherwise required to do so by law.
6. TfL and the GLA have notifications under the Data Protection Act 1998, and comply with their obligations under it. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us about you in our records in return for the payment of a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you please contact us using the contact details in the final section of these terms and conditions.
7. If you do not wish to receive further information about this minicab and taxi number service, please follow the opt-out instructions in the table below.
The keywords/phone numbers/services currently or recently in use by the GLA and TfL include:
|Cabwise||CAB||60835||Request numbers of licensed minicab firms in your geographical
|35p plus standard network tariff||Send HOME STOP to 60835|
|Bookmark TfL Travel
Information on your WAP mobile phone
|TfL||60835||Receive a text message containing a bookmark/link to TfL's WAP Travel Information Service||Charged at standard network tariff||Send STOP |
|Request a free Tube map
download for your java compatible mobile phone
|Tubemap||60835||Receive a text message containing a bookmark/link to download a London Underground Tube map to your mobile phone||Charged at standard network tariff||Send STOP |
|SMS Journey Planner - Text 'A to B' to 60835||'A to B' (where A and B can be postcodes, full station or full stop names, in any combination||60835||Plan London travel by text message. Text A to B to 60835||Charged at standard network tariff||Send STOP |
|Check for current
Tube incidents via SMS
Tube <line> to 60835 (eg Tube Piccadilly
|60835||This service will send you a reply text message informing you whether delays are currently affecting the Tube line of interest||Charged at standard network tariff||Send STOP |
If you do not wish to receive future text messages about any TfL activity, please text STOP to 60835 to opt-out.
If you do not wish to receive future text messages about any GLA activity, please text STOP to 69267 to opt-out.
TfL and the GLA are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure TfL and the GLA have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected on line. TfL and the GLA use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
TfL and the GLA do not guarantee that provision of mobile phone information or services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free. Please note that the status of licensed minicab and taxi firms can change from time to time. This means that some previously licensed firms may cease to be licensed, and contact details may change. TfL and the GLA cannot therefore guarantee that the information provided relating to licensed minicab and taxi firms will be accurate on or after the date it is provided. When using information provided by TfL and the GLA after the date the information is provided, you are advised to check the licence status and contact details of minicab and taxi firms.
Limitation of liability
Due to the nature of mobile phone services and in light of the disclaimer above, TfL and the GLA are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by TfL and the GLA. TfL and the GLA are not responsible to you for any losses which you may incur which were not a foreseeable consequence of TfL and the GLA breaching these terms and conditions, for example if you and we could not have contemplated those losses.
TfL and the GLA's liability to you shall not in any circumstances include any business losses that you may incur, including but not limited to lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
TfL and the GLA do not exclude or limit any liability for:
- Death or personal injury due to their negligence
- Any matter which it could be illegal for us to attempt to exclude our liability
The cost of this service will be 35p per SMS plus the standard rate charged by your network operator.
ContactTransport for London
- Telephone: 0845 300 7000 (Customer Services - office hours)
0843 222 1234 (Travel Information - 24 hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
42-50 Victoria Street
London SW1H 0TL
- TfL website: tfl.gov.uk
Greater London Authority
- Telephone:020 7984 4100 (between 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday except public holidays)
- Email: email@example.com
The Mayor of London
Greater London Authority
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
- GLA website: http://www.london.gov.uk/
TfL and the GLA reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time. Please check this website for the most up to date terms and conditions. Please contact TfL or the GLA for a hard copy of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes which arise in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2. You must not and you shall not permit any third parties to link to any other service, page or asset connected with the TfL family of websites, or extend linking permissions to any other party without the express written permission of TfL.
3. The "Cabwise" logo, name, design and HTML coding are the property of TfL and cannot be modified, re-distributed or re-used in any way. The use of the TfL logo or the logos of any associated or subsidiary organisations must not be used for promotional or linking purposes unless prior approval in writing has been given. Please contact TfL Customer Services for further details on obtaining such approval.
While TfL tries hard to ensure that the TfL Website is functioning correctly and is as accurate as possible, this will not always be achievable and therefore the following disclaimer applies:
TfL do not guarantee that the TfL Website will be available all the time or at any specific time. The TfL Website is provided "as is" and, except to the extent that TfL can not exclude its liability under law, all terms, conditions, representations and warranties are excluded. TfL does not guarantee or represent that the content and/or facilities available or accessible via the TfL Website will always be accurate, complete or current or that access to the TfL Websites will be uninterrupted.
To the extent permitted by law, TfL expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to link to or use the TfL Website, whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, viruses, errors, omissions, out of date information or otherwise.
Except as may not be excluded under law, TfL will not be held responsible for any technical issues or failures relating to the installation of the "Cabwise" form or links to the TfL Website, although TfL will endeavour to offer advice if requested.
We reserve the right to withdraw or modify the TfL Website at any time.
Law and jurisdiction
Everything Everywhere networks terms and conditions
The user agrees to be located i.e consents for Everything Everywhere to release their location data to the service provider for the provision of the service. That service accuracy can vary depending on the user's situation i.e. city vs country location.
The service provider has the right to terminate the service. All passive services must reference the Location Code of Practice in the terms and conditions.
Overseas and 3 networks terms and conditions
Overseas and 3 networks can now also access the Cabwise service by texting their location (street name and partial postcode e.g. Victoria St SW1) to the number +44 (0)7797 800 229.
The cost of this service will be 35p per enquiry plus your standard text message rate.
The cost of this service will be charged at your network's standard roaming rate per enquiry.