This policy applies to the official TfL Facebook pages at www.facebook.com/transportforlondon.
We want to encourage an honest and forthright but polite and respectful conversation on Facebook.
You can help make that happen by bearing in mind the following:
- Don't write anything discriminatory, racist, abusive, obscene, inflammatory or unlawful
- Don't write anything defamatory
- Avoid talking about open court cases or police investigations
- Don't use copyrighted material without the owner's permission
- Don't use this forum for self-promotion or commercial gain
To maintain a safe and welcoming environment for others, we will remove or report posts or comments that break these rules.
Make the social web a nice place to be:
- Aim to be fair, truthful and accurate
- Take issue with the opinion, not the person
- Be respectful of other people's reputations
- Be gentle when pointing out someone else's error or misinterpretation
- Don't spam others - it makes it hard to have a real conversation
- Remember that these pages are looked after by TfL staff, who are people too
We make an effort to monitor our Facebook pages during normal business hours, and may respond to discussion themes, though we are unable to reply to people individually due to limited resources.
For a guaranteed response, please use the official customer service channel for contacting us, via our website, www.tfl.gov.uk/help.