Get cycling / Bikes on public transport
Use the advanced options in Cycle Journey Planner or use our guide below.
You can take a folded bike anywhere and anytime.
Click map for full PDF of where you can travel with your non-folding bike
Folded bikes are accepted at the driver's discretion. The rules are the same for pushchairs and larger items of shopping and luggage.
Docklands Light Railway
Bikes will be carried as long as they are folded.
Compact folding bikes are accepted on all London Overground trains at all times. Restrictions for non-folding bikes apply Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays) on trains:
- Timed to arrive at Euston between 07:00 to 10:00 or timed to depart from Euston between 16:00 to 19:00
- Timed to depart in either direction 07:00 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 19:00 between:
- Willesden Junction and Gospel Oak
- Gospel Oak and Blackhorse Road
- Highbury & Islington and New Cross/Clapham Junction/Crystal Palace/West Croydon
Rail replacement bus services for London Overground
Cycles (folding and non-folding) cannot be carried on buses that replace trains due to engineering work.
All bikes accepted on any London boat service at any time.
Please ask the company you are booked with about travelling with a bike.
Tramlink only takes folding bicycles - no container is required.
Emirates Air Line
Bicycles are accepted on the Emirates Air Line at all times.
For the latest information about taking your bike on National Rail services visit the cycle/rail page of A to B magazine.