It takes more than 28,000 people to keep London moving. So, as you might imagine, it takes almost as many different roles too.
Whatever your area of interest or expertise, we've a graduate scheme to suit. As well as all the support you need to build a successful career in your chosen field.
Every role within TfL is vital. So, we'll help you build up your knowledge and confidence so that you're ready to take on yours.
Initially you'll work on a range of placements, lasting up to six months each. They've been designed to equip you with the skills you'll need to understand your business area. After that, you'll move into your first role within TfL. We'll make sure that your development plan is tailored to your needs, as well as the requirements of your scheme.
You can be rest assured that our programme offers plenty of variety too. You'll enjoy a broad view of our organisation and the chance to meet different people across the business. We can only accept one application per year, so please think carefully about which scheme is right for you. Find out more about each scheme.
Watch our schemes film
- Graduate in appropriate discipline with appropriate classification - minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
- Degree accredited by appropriate institution where necessary
- Ability to work on site where necessary
- High standards of written communication, verbal, numerical and inductive (ability to deal with ambiguous data) reasoning
- High standards of verbal communication
- Skilled in analysis and problem solving
- Keen on embracing change
- Collaborative, and keen to share information, knowledge and skills
- A strong focus on internal and external customers
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Keen to seek out new opportunities for learning and career progression and challenges
- Be able to identify the goals of any project and work steadily towards them
- Able to take a structured and methodical approach to any task, identifying priorities and setting deadlines
If you're successful you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining. These will include reference checks, qualifications checks, right to work in the UK and in some cases a medical and a Criminal Records Bureau check.
If there's something you'd like to know that you can't find on this site, drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll get back to you, or call us on: 0844 543 9739.