Future plansWe've already introduced new trains on the Victoria and Metropolitan lines. By 2015 the Circle, Hammersmith & City and District lines will also have new trains.
These new trains have:
- Modern, automatic audio and visual systems advising of current and next station information
- Wheelchair spaces in accordance with the Rail Vehicle Accessibility Requirements (RVAR), including clear signs, customer information and low-level passenger emergency alarms
- Improved access between the platform and the train in accordance with RVAR. All trains will have level access by 2020
We are also
- Providing step-free access from street to platform at more stations, including a number of stations which will be served by Crossrail, by 2018
- Reducing the step and gap between the train and the platform as new trains are introduced, including raising sections of the platform
In December 2012 we published a new plan outlining how we intend to improve the accessibility of the transport network over the coming years. You can download the plan in a variety of formats.