Taxicard & Capital Call
You can use Taxicard wherever you live in London. More about Taxicard.
You can join Capital Call as well if you live in Bexley, Ealing, Enfield, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton and Southwark. More about Capital Call.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for both Taxicard and Capital Call if you:
- Receive the higher rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or the higher rate Attendance Allowance
- Are registered blind
- Receive the War Pension Mobility Component
If none of these apply to you, you may still be eligible if:
- Your GP endorses your application
- You may have to have a mobility assessment
You generally pay a flat fare of £1.50 per trip, plus anything above the subsidised amount.
In most boroughs, Taxicard trips are subsidised up to:
- £10.30 for trips during the day
- £11.30 for trips at weekends
- £12.80 for trips at night
For example if you make a journey on a weekday that costs £14.00 on the meter, £10.30 of it would be subsidised.
Contact 020 7934 9791 or visit the website http://www.taxicard.org.uk/
For information about getting a taxi or for any other information, contact 020 7934 9791 or visit the website http://www.taxicard.org.uk/
Telephone Capital Call and the operator will book a minicab for you. Not all licensed minicabs work with Capital Call, so to receive the subsidised fares you must book through Capital Call.
You will be given an annual travel budget of £200, to spend how you wish on Capital Call trips booked through the Capital Call call centre.
You must pay the first £1.50 of any journey, then your contribution increases as the value of the journey goes up:
- Every trip up to the value of £11.80 you will pay £1.50
- Every trip between £11.81 and £23.60 you will pay £3.00
- Every trip between £23.61 and £35.40 you will pay £4.50
- Every trip between £35.41 and £47.20 you will pay £6.00
- Every trip between £47.21 and £59.00 you will pay £7.50
The subsidy ends at £59 per trip and you will not be able to take a journey longer than this unless you pay the additional amount in advance to Capital Call.
Once your budget is used up, you will have to wait until it is topped up again the following April before making any more trips. Your Capital Call operator will be able to tell you how much you have left to spend at any time.
First, you need to be a member of Taxicard (link to registration form as above). Then:
- Fill in the Capital Call registration form (this can be downloaded from the Transport Co-ordination Centre website)
- Photocopy your Taxicard membership card
- Post both the registration from and card photocopy to:
Transport Co-ordination Centre
Ash Grove Bus Depot
To book a minicab, call Capital Call on 020 7275 2446.
You will need to give the operator the following information:
- Your name and Taxicard membership card number
- The address from which you want the minicab to pick you up
- The address you want the minicab to take you to
- Whether you are a wheelchair user or if you need assistance getting in and out of the minicab
- A contact telephone number if you are not at home
The operator will call you back later to confirm they can collect you. Until you have received this call, your booking has not been confirmed.
Your booked minicab will carry a Capital Call logo sticker in the car window so that you can easily identify them as an approved minicab.
Telephone Capital Call on 020 7275 2446
Email : email@example.com