If you've been delayed on a Tube, DLR or London Overground journey, you might be able to get a service delay refund.
When we refund for service delays
If your journey was delayed for reasons within our control by:
- 15 minutes or more on Tube and DLR services
- 30 minutes or more on London Overground services
We'll refund you the single fare for the journey you were delayed on.
This video explains the online process when applying for a service delay refund.
When we don't refund for service delays
You can't get a service delay refund for planned service changes and engineering work, if you made an alternative journey or if your journey was delayed for a reason outside our control, like:
- A security alert
- A customer incident, for example, a person ill on a train
- Adverse weather conditions
If you have a free travel concession, you can't apply for a service delay refund.
Apply for a refund
If you travelled with and Oyster card or paper ticket
You need to sign in to your Oyster online account to apply for a service delay refund. If you don't have one, sign up for one now. You must apply within 14 days of your delayed journey.
Once you have signed in, to apply:
- Click on the 'My refunds' tab
- Select 'service delay refund' and follow the on screen instructions to apply
If you travelled with a contactless payment card
- Call our Customer services team on 0343 222 1234 (TfL call charges) to apply for a service delay refund