Highbury & Islington to West Croydon
Extension now open
- Trains every six to nine minutes from Highbury & Islington and every five minutes from Dalston Junction
- 20 new trains
- Easier access to the City
- Cross-platform interchanges
We've extended the line to Highbury & Islington in the north and to New Cross, Crystal Palace and West Croydon in the south, allowing easier access into the City.
A full service opened on 28 February between Highbury & Islington and New Cross/Crystal Palace and West Croydon via the City, with Shoreditch High Street station a five-minute walk from Liverpool Street and Bishops Gate. There's also an easier interchange at Canada Water to Jubilee line for Canary Wharf.
- Every six to nine minutes from Highbury & Islington
- Every five minutes from Dalston Junction
- Every 15 minutes on New Cross, West Croydon and Crystal Palace branches
- Every seven to eight minutes between Surrey Quays and Sydenham
What we're doing
All stations will have improved CCTV coverage, help points, passenger announcement and information systems, lighting and signs.
At Crystal Palace work has begun to restore the Victorian ticket hall. The station will also be made fully accessible with the introduction of new lifts. For more information download the
For the latest service information and possible disruptions check live travel news.